Small in size, but big on features. The new eTrex are the perfect companions for all of your outdoor adventures.
Garmin eTrex, a recognizable name in the outdoors, has been embraced by the market for over a decade, selling millions of units. The newly redesigned eTrex lineup will retain the core functionality such as rugged construction and long battery life that made eTrex famous, while adding capabilities normally found in premium handhelds. An already easy-to-use device has gotten easier thanks to an improved user interface complimented by an "updated" look with refinements such as buttons identified by text.
Legacy customers such as hunters/hikers will continue to be drawn to eTrex, but the new features will expand its appeal. A geocacher will notice paperless geocaching and the ability to wirelessly share caches. Geocachers can help the environment and be more efficient by going paperless with the eTrex series, quickly downloading cache information directly to the device. Each model stores and displays cache information such as location, terrain, difficulty, hints and description, so that you don't have to tote printouts with you. Learn more about geocaching, such as how to get started or go paperless at www.garmin.com/geocaching and www.OpenCaching.com. The worldwide user will notice that eTrex tracks more than just GPS by branching out with multi constellation GNSS support such as GLONASS.
Product Features and Specifications
- 2.2" 65K color TFT display
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix® and GLONASS support
- 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- Internal memory and microSD™ card slot for additional mapping
- Unit-to-unit wireless data transfer capabilities for routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches
- Supports paperless geocaching
- Rugged, waterproof (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- USB interface
- Supports spine mounting accessories
- Over 20 hours of battery life, 2 AA; NiMH or Lithium recommended